We are looking for an hands-on Senior Network Engineer with minimum 5 years’ experience. An ideal candidate preferably should have worked as an Network Engineer for an IT infrastructure service provider / IT solutions integration company in past.
The candidate is expected to understand customer requirements /Pain areas over call, email or meeting , come up with an innovative Network/Network Security solution.s& even conduct as onsite /remote POC(Proof of Concept) & pitch to different customers as required.
Finally, candidate should be able to implement the accepted plan, training client team/s appropriately, coordinate with client, build or polish documentation and hand over the setup after acceptance.
The ideal candidate is expected to train internal team members also , grow internal knowledge base (KB) and lead the Network Practice for the company going forward.
In simplest terms imagine going to one of 600+ customers when a customer is facing a problem that they are not able to resolve internally. Understand the problem, pitch a solution, implement it and go after next problem. You can assume different problems, different devices, different architectures at each client and thus, unparalleled learning and growth. All this would be with team members who share the same passion for learning and issue resolution.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide ongoing support on all areas of data center networking, which involves configuring routers, switches, load balances , Firewalls Etc..
- Configuring and managing security appliances and next generation firewalls from various vendors such as check point, Cisco ASA, Juniper, Sophos- Cyberroam and FortiGate Etc.
- Should be good at handling technologies like NMS, WAF, DDOS, VPN and IPS
- Should have an experience in configuring WiFi access points, controllers and WiFi security solutions
- Assist in design / development of network products and solutions
- Assist in network-based projects and development
- Preparing network diagrams / documentation based on the project needs
- Dealing with all types of network-related incidents to ensure that Service Level Agreements with customers are adhered to.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key interconnect partners & Customers
- Provide 24×7 support on request from the customer as an exception. This support might often require travel to customers location/s. (Note- Ad-hoc calls are minimal, typically at most one call a month. Most other calls are planned down-time / maintenance calls).
- Strong working knowledge in vulnerability assessment, network audits and throughput testing is preferred.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
(UG – Any Graduate – Any Specialization) OR (PG- Any Postgraduate, Post Graduation Not Required) AND (Doctorate- Any Doctorate – Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Effective communicator – verbal, written and presentation skills
- Should have good communication skills & excellent customer interfacing skills
- Should be good at time management & should have the ability & desire to learn new skills.
- Should have good analytical/problem solving skills
- Exposure on ITIL processes is preferred
- Understands underlying issues and develops and evaluates solutions
- Excellent general knowledge of TCP/IP
- OEM certification such as CCNA, CCNP, Juniper etc. are preferred
- Excellent knowledge on switching technologies and concepts such as STP, VRRP, VTP, Stacking, LLDP, L2 Security & 2/3 Tier architecture
- Routing Protocols (preferred) such as IS-IS/ BGP4 (including some routing policy knowledge)/ OSPF/ EIGRP/ RIP/ Security/Redundancy Features• Excellent general knowledge of TCP/IP
- Operational experience of load-balancers technologies, particularly F5 BigIP and Cisco ACE.
Desirable Requirements :
- General background in networking/ISP – knowledge of ISP-type services, DNS, DHCP,WINS
- Some Unix experience, especially with the Vi editor
- Some operational experience of IP VPN technologies such as IP Sec, MPLS and GRE
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required experience (Either one): Switching & Routing: 5 years or Firewall: 5 years
Note: Fairly experienced candidates with 6+ years’ experience, who do free-lancing, consulting, etc. can also apply.